Rosa Acevedo – Upper Elementary
- Where are you from? I am from Puerto Rico.
- What year did you begin teaching? I began teaching in 2008.
- Where did you go to school? I went to the University of Puerto Rico and the Center for Guided Montessori Studies.
- What degrees/certifications do you hold? I have a BA in Elementary Education, an Early Childhood Montessori Teacher Certification and am currently in the process to be Montessori certified in ages 6-12.
- Describe a “top” teaching moment. A top teaching moment for me is when I see a child offer and present a lesson to another child.
- What part of the Montessori curriculum do you find most exciting/effective? I love all the curriculum areas, particularly, I find the Math to be effective and the Cosmic Education exciting.
- Tell us about your family/hobbies. I have two wonderful and beautiful girls and two big dogs. My husband and I enjoy taking the dogs to the park and the beach. Also, I enjoy making crafts, reading, playing volleyball, traveling and sharing new adventures with friends.
- What country have you never visited but would like to? I would like to visit Spain and Argentina.